Monday 9 June 2014

Crumb Fried Paneer!

               Being a chicketarian thinking of a substitute was real hard! If asked what vegetable I would prefer, I would ask is paneer a vegetable? Haha! Those days when I have to be a pure vegetarian all that would come in mind is panner! Every vegetarian place I go to my eyes directly go in search of paneer in the menu. On one such occasion, tasted this super soft paneer which just melted the moment I put it in my mouth.
               The typical husband who would ask to replicate the yummy delicacies he has in some party, wanted me to make something as delicious as the super soft paneer he ate! Going through different blogs and trying out recipes from our super chefs across the country, here I come up with my version of Crumb Fried Paneer. It been melting away in the mouth of my loved ones at home!
               


 Ingredients for stuffing
10 Dry Red Chillies, seeds removed
12 Cloves Garlic
2tsp Lemon Juice
1tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
Sea salt to taste

Method for Stuffing
Soak Red chillies in water for half and hour. Drain and grind with garlic, lemon juice, salt and cumin powder. Add little water to make into a smooth paste. You may also substitute the filling with chilli garlic sauce.

Ingredients for Coating
1 1/2cup Cornflakes 
3tbsp Maida
1tbsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2tsp Dry Mango Powder
1 Green Cardamom 

Method for Coating
Grind cornflakes with maida, chilli powder, dry mango powder and cardamom.

Ingredients
200g Paneer
3/4 cup Curd
2tbsp maida
1tbsp ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
Chaat Masala

Method
Whisk together curd, maida and salt and set aside. Cut panner into inch cubes and slit in the centre. Boil water in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add the paneer pieces in boiling water for few seconds and strain it. Dilute ginger garlic paste in half cup water and pour over the paneer. Stuff the paneer with the chilli garlic chutney and dip it in the curd mixture. Coat the paneer dipped in curd mixture with the cornflakes mixture. Deep fry the paneer pieces till golden brown and crisp. Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot. It's yummy in the tummy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment