Saturday 4 October 2014

Egg Curry!

               The most simple thing I have cooked is this yummy egg curry! Before I got married I would even refuse to taste most of the traditional South Indian gravies or an egg gravy. I learnt the taste of such gravies only after I started cooking my own. Am sure all mothers cook their best dishes to impress their son in laws at the beginning.
               On one such occasion, my aunt made an egg curry which simply satisfied my husband's taste buds! He would always want me to replicate the super delicious egg curry. So finally, I decided to give it a try on our 'first meeting day' anniversary. I added his favourite egg curry to the menu to surprise him and yeah he happily enjoyed the meal! My aunt's original recipe calls for making fresh paste of the spices and adding it. I used readily available spice powders at home which just works fine. Happy day or a sad day, this egg curry on the menu brightens his day!






Ingredients 

4 Boiled Egg
250g Small Onions Chopped
1tsp Red Chilli Powder
1tbsp Coriander Powder
2tsp Cumin Powder
A Pinch of Garam Masala
1/4tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2cup Coconut Milk
2tbsp Oil
Salt to taste

Method

Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown. Add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and garam masala. Add little hot water and fry till the raw smell goes off and oil separates from the gravy. Add the coconut milk and let it simmer. Add more water if the gravy turns too thick. Make slits in the boiled egg and add to the boiling gravy. Serve hot with rotis or rice. It's yummy in the tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment